Realestate.co.nz launches Android app 10 Oct 2011
- Improved court facilities for Waitakere News
- Cyber-attacks a standard part of doing business with China Business
- Industry to advise on new cyber crime unit Business
- Engineering at Waikato set to grow News
- Nominations open for new CERT Advisory Board News
- Techvana Expansion, Move and Naming Sponsorship change News
- Budget 2016: $22.2m to boost cyber security News
- Online history tells story of government at war News
- QV says NZ home values rose 12% in year to April Business
- Auckland housing market 'restrained' as April sales fall Business
New Zealand’s most popular mobile phone app for property searching, Realestate.co.nz, is now available on Android.
Realestate.co.nz’s Android app, developed in association with Westpac Bank, is location-aware and puts the majority of New Zealand residential properties for sale or rent at the fingertips of any home-hunter with an enabled smartphone via GPS mapping. It immediately flags local property listings and times for open homes in the immediate vicinity of the handset.
Alistair Helm, CEO of Realestate.co.nz, says he is delighted that the company has the first real estate app in New Zealand to be available on both Android and iPhone platforms.
“We have been thrilled at the success of the Realestate.co.nz iPhone app, which has been downloaded more than 40,000 times since launching in December last year. It is now accessed by around 750 users per day, and more than 1,800 per day on weekends.”
Mr Helm says the Realestate.co.nz iPhone app has consistently rated in the top 20 free lifestyle apps in New Zealand and that more than three-quarters of iPhone users who downloaded the original app updated it when a new ‘Rentals’ feature was added.
“Smartphone usage is clearly changing the way consumers look for property to buy and rent, and how the real estate industry will need to market properties into the future.”
Mr Helm says the recently released Nielsen Real Estate survey showed that nearly a third of New Zealanders with Internet-enabled mobile devices who research property online have accessed property information web sites from that device.
“The use of mobile devices for property searching is making the home buying process more immediate and dynamic,” says Mr Helm.
“For example, we know from tracking the iPhone app that use always surges on weekends, especially Saturday mornings, when people have time to go out and look for property to buy in their preferred locations.”
Mr Helm says that developing the Android version was the natural next step, and one that the company has been working towards solidly over the past few monrths.
“Considering that Android devices have now overtaken the number of iPhones used in the US, the UK and Australia, it’s clear that New Zealand will not be far behind.”
Features of the app include:
1. Open Homes are highlighted with a flag to allow users to easily see what is available to view that day or on the coming weekend.
2. Refine your search. From the area map you can refine your search, for example, to properties over $500k but less than $700k with three bedrooms. You can then zoom out on the map to see a broader range of options.
3. Check out photos. On finding a home listing, you can then tap on it to see the full listing details and photos of the home. If you like what you see, you can then just call the agent or send them an email.
4. Virtual open home notebook. When reviewing any property, especially open homes, app users can make notes on all aspects of the property. The ‘Inspection’ button lets you rate, make notes and add photos or video for any section of the property – the living area, the kitchen, bedrooms, outside etc.
5. Find out about property for sale anywhere in NZ. Users can access Realesate.co.nz’s full online database to see what is for sale in their dream location. The “Search” function on the home page lets you select by region, district and suburb, and you can instantly see what’s for sale there.
6. What you see is what you get. This app only shows properties on the map where there is an address supplied by the agent. If you want to check to see if there are other properties for sale then hit the “list view” button on the map result page to see all the properties for sale in the area.
7. Favourites. You can store your favourite properties and open homes as well as the most recently viewed properties in the “My Property” section so you can easily find and refer back to your favourites.
8. Affordability Calculator. Realestate.co.nz partnered with Westpac in providing an affordability calculator for each property, which lets you see what the fortnightly or monthly repayments might be for different terms and different deposits.
For more information about the new Android app available from Realestate.co.nz, visit www.realestate.co.nz/android
28 Apr 2016 News
New Zealand Government Hon Amy AdamsMinister for Communications 28 April 2016 More than 200 top business people will join... more
28 Apr 2016 Business News
Article - BusinessDesk Landmark EQC settlement agrees it must repair homes to 'when new' state By Sophie Boot April 28 ... more
4 May 2016 Entertainment
Fresh from their sold-out touring season with the NZ Festival in March 2016, the award-winning Modern Maori Quartet has booked a four... more
25 Apr 2016 ANZAC
You could be forgiven for assuming that the first ever ANZAC Day was commemorated in Australia or New Zealand. In fact, it was on this... more
28 Apr 2016 Property
New Zealand Government Hon Dr Nick Smith Minister for Building and Housing 28 April 2016 Changes to KiwiSaver withdrawal rules... more
27 Apr 2016 Property
Article - BusinessDesk House-sharing offer aims to get Aucklanders on property ladder By Fiona Rotherham April 27 (BusinessDesk) -... more
30 Mar 2016 Migration
British High Commissioner Jonathan Sinclair is defending changes to skilled migrant rules for Britain but suggests they won't affect... more
11 Mar 2016 Travel & Tourism
Article - BusinessDesk Air New Zealand to revenue share with United in NZ-US routes By Paul McBeth March 11 (BusinessDesk) -... more
28 Apr 2016 Rugby League
New Zealand Rugby League Thursday, April 28, 2016Sleepless Nights for Ferns Selectors Akarana second row Annetta Nuuausala is ... more
28 Apr 2016 Sailing
Yachting New Nealand NZL takes early lead in three events at Sailing World Cup Hyeres The NZL Sailing Team has made a strong start... more
28 Apr 2016 Opinion
Gordon Campbell on Trump and the Madman Theory Years ago, Richard Nixon explained to his chief adviser Bob Haldeman what has since... more
27 Apr 2016 Opinion
Gordon Campbell on Kiwirail’s latest stint in the dogbox The denigration of Kiwirail continues. The latest review (based on a ... more
28 Apr 2016 Appointments
University of Otago University of Otago appoints next Dean of Pharmacy A leading researcher from Canada has been appointed as the... more
10 Mar 2016 Recruitment
New Zealand Government Hon Michael Woodhouse Minister for Workplace Relations and Safety 10 March 2016 Zero-hour contracts gone, PPL... more