Realestate.co.nz launches Android app 10 Oct 2011
- CricHQ proud to sponsor UK minor counties finals week Living
- FAST stroke campaign making a difference News
- Student ingenuity on show at NIWA Wellington Science Fair News
- F&P Healthcare to 'vigorously contest' IP dispute Business
- CERT Establishment Advisory Board appointed News
- Further investment in new Defence capabilities News
- MyTuition Turns $1000 into 10,000 Lessons News
- Joyce to promote education, science links in Japan and Korea News
- OSOS Update #2 Monday 12.45 News
- Convergence programme moving apace News
New Zealand’s most popular mobile phone app for property searching, Realestate.co.nz, is now available on Android.
Realestate.co.nz’s Android app, developed in association with Westpac Bank, is location-aware and puts the majority of New Zealand residential properties for sale or rent at the fingertips of any home-hunter with an enabled smartphone via GPS mapping. It immediately flags local property listings and times for open homes in the immediate vicinity of the handset.
Alistair Helm, CEO of Realestate.co.nz, says he is delighted that the company has the first real estate app in New Zealand to be available on both Android and iPhone platforms.
“We have been thrilled at the success of the Realestate.co.nz iPhone app, which has been downloaded more than 40,000 times since launching in December last year. It is now accessed by around 750 users per day, and more than 1,800 per day on weekends.”
Mr Helm says the Realestate.co.nz iPhone app has consistently rated in the top 20 free lifestyle apps in New Zealand and that more than three-quarters of iPhone users who downloaded the original app updated it when a new ‘Rentals’ feature was added.
“Smartphone usage is clearly changing the way consumers look for property to buy and rent, and how the real estate industry will need to market properties into the future.”
Mr Helm says the recently released Nielsen Real Estate survey showed that nearly a third of New Zealanders with Internet-enabled mobile devices who research property online have accessed property information web sites from that device.
“The use of mobile devices for property searching is making the home buying process more immediate and dynamic,” says Mr Helm.
“For example, we know from tracking the iPhone app that use always surges on weekends, especially Saturday mornings, when people have time to go out and look for property to buy in their preferred locations.”
Mr Helm says that developing the Android version was the natural next step, and one that the company has been working towards solidly over the past few monrths.
“Considering that Android devices have now overtaken the number of iPhones used in the US, the UK and Australia, it’s clear that New Zealand will not be far behind.”
Features of the app include:
1. Open Homes are highlighted with a flag to allow users to easily see what is available to view that day or on the coming weekend.
2. Refine your search. From the area map you can refine your search, for example, to properties over $500k but less than $700k with three bedrooms. You can then zoom out on the map to see a broader range of options.
3. Check out photos. On finding a home listing, you can then tap on it to see the full listing details and photos of the home. If you like what you see, you can then just call the agent or send them an email.
4. Virtual open home notebook. When reviewing any property, especially open homes, app users can make notes on all aspects of the property. The ‘Inspection’ button lets you rate, make notes and add photos or video for any section of the property – the living area, the kitchen, bedrooms, outside etc.
5. Find out about property for sale anywhere in NZ. Users can access Realesate.co.nz’s full online database to see what is for sale in their dream location. The “Search” function on the home page lets you select by region, district and suburb, and you can instantly see what’s for sale there.
6. What you see is what you get. This app only shows properties on the map where there is an address supplied by the agent. If you want to check to see if there are other properties for sale then hit the “list view” button on the map result page to see all the properties for sale in the area.
7. Favourites. You can store your favourite properties and open homes as well as the most recently viewed properties in the “My Property” section so you can easily find and refer back to your favourites.
8. Affordability Calculator. Realestate.co.nz partnered with Westpac in providing an affordability calculator for each property, which lets you see what the fortnightly or monthly repayments might be for different terms and different deposits.
For more information about the new Android app available from Realestate.co.nz, visit www.realestate.co.nz/android
16 Aug 2016 News
New Zealand Government Hon Todd McClayMinister of Trade 16 August 2016 Media Statement NZ exporters to UK asked about Brexit... more
15 Aug 2016 News
New Zealand Government Hon Dr Nick Smith Minister for the Environment 15 August 2016 Auckland Council’s passing of... more
11 Aug 2016 Business News
Article - BusinessDesk ANZ, Westpac limit mortgage rate cuts, but Kiwibank goes all in By Edwin Mitson Aug. 11 (BusinessDesk) - Two... more
11 Aug 2016 Business News
Article - BusinessDesk Thursday 11 August 2016 10:06 AM RBNZ's Wheeler juggles strong kiwi, tepid inflation expectations in future... more
18 Jul 2016 Lifestyle
The Outlook for Someday Young New Zealanders Making Films For Good What does sustainability mean to you? Since 2007 The Outlook for... more
3 Aug 2016 Property
Wednesday 03 August 2016 10:30 AM Auckland house prices are stabilising, may have plateaued, Barfoot says Aug. 3 (BusinessDesk) -... more
2 Aug 2016 Property
Article - BusinessDesk NZ home values rise at fastest quarterly pace in 12 years By Tina Morrison Aug. 2 (BusinessDesk) - New... more
30 Mar 2016 Migration
British High Commissioner Jonathan Sinclair is defending changes to skilled migrant rules for Britain but suggests they won't affect... more
10 Aug 2016 Travel & Tourism
Article - BusinessDesk Wednesday 10 August 2016 12:19 PM Aug. 10 (BusinessDesk) - New Zealand accommodation providers had their... more
16 Aug 2016 Rugby
The All Blacks squad to travel to Sydney for the opening Bledisloe Cup match of the Investec Rugby Championship is listed below.Prop... more
16 Aug 2016 Sailing
Tuesday 16 August 2016Tuke and Burling go further aheadOnly the 49ers got out on the Olympic sailing course today. Initially there was... more
11 Aug 2016 Opinion
Column - Gordon Campbell Gordon Campbell on the Impotence of the Reserve Bank First published on Werewolf more
3 Aug 2016 Opinion
Column - Gordon Campbell Gordon Campbell on the Bain compensation case First published on Werewolf more
12 Aug 2016 Appointments
New Zealand Government Hon Hekia ParataMinister of Education 12 August 2016 Appointments to New Zealand National Commission for... more
10 Aug 2016 Appointments
Rugby League World Cup Wednesday 10 August 2016 Respected and experienced Rugby League administrator, Andrew Hill, has been appointed... more
3 Aug 2016 Recruitment
New Zealand Government Hon Steven Joyce Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment 3 August 2016 Jobs growth continues... more
3 Aug 2016 State of the Market Report
Wednesday 03 August 2016 11:57 AM NZ private sector wage inflation misses expectations in June quarter Aug. 3 (BusinessDesk) - New... more