Announcing dates for NZ Fringe Festival 2013 3 Aug 2012
- 2nd annual Wallace exhibit Schools competition News
- Audio Foundation Artist Residency program 2014 awarded Living
- Gordon Campbell on oil drilling permits, and Iris Dement Columns
- School production a ‘first’ for Te Kura News
- Minister launches new Social Sector Trial plan in Porirua News
- Comic Short Film Chosen Living
- Comic Relief: Capitalising on the Useful Poor News
- NZ Film meets NZ Wine Living
- Learning Media wind-down completed News
- Still the Greatest Show on Turf Sport
Registrations for NZ Fringe Festival 2013 will be open Monday August 27 until Friday 12 October 2012.
This online registration process is a registration hub shared with Auckland and Dunedin Fringe Festivals.
We are also proud to announce we have Kakano funding (for new work) for NZ Fringe Festival participants in 2013. You will be able to apply for Kakano at the same time as registering your show.
The whole 2012 Fringe team are back again for 2013 with Emma Giesen, Hannah Clarke, Brianne Kerr and Joshua Stewart scheming and brimming with ideas. We eagerly anticipate 2013 to be bigger and better than ever and we can’t wait to see what you come up with!
We are kicking things off with a Funding Forum - 6pm, Thursday 9 August at Toi Poneke (61 Abel Smith St), where you can hear about some options for funding your Fringe show. Then leading into registrations opening we'll be hosting a "What's the 'F' in Fringe" Forum at Capital E (Civic Square) 6pm, Wednesday 5 September. Both of these are free and open to anyone thinking about putting on a show in Fringe 2013.
Things to start planning/considering for registration – venue, synopsis/theme, images, budgets, do you want to tour and do you want a Fringe 2013 t-shirt?
So get your thinking caps on and be part of the mayhem!
IMPORTANT UPCOMING FRINGE DATES:
• Fringe Funding Forum @ Toi Poneke Hub: Thursday 9 August, 6pm - hear from the Council Grants Manager about Creative Communities funding, PledgeMe COO about an exciting new initiative for Fringe shows on PledgeMe, and our team about Kakano funding.
• Registrations Open: Monday 27 August
• What's the 'F' in Fringe Forum @ Capital E: Wednesday 5 September, 6pm – find out what Fringe is all about, and be inspired by some past Fringers who have gone on to be successful arts practitioners.
• Registration Help Day @ Toi Poneke Hub: Saturday 15 September. 10am – 3pm - our team will be in the hub all day to answer your questions, and computers will be available for your use.
• Registrations Close: Friday 12 October
Fringe 2013 Team - (left to right) Josh, Hannah, Bri & Emma.j
(New Zealand Fringe Festival)
6 Dec 2013 News
New Zealand First was saddened to hear of the death of Nelson Mandela, South Africa’s first democratically elected... more
6 Dec 2013 News
Prime Minister John Key today expressed his sadness at the death of former South African President Nelson Mandela. “Nelson... more
6 Dec 2013 Business News
Article - BusinessDesk Chatham Rock granted mining permit for Chatham rise, still needs EPA sign-off Dec. 6 (BusinessDesk) - ... more
5 Dec 2013 Business News
Article - BusinessDesk SkyCity earnings to get kicker from Adelaide redevelopment in 2017, brokerage says By Tina ... more
6 Dec 2013 Arts
Audio Foundation Audio Foundation Artist Residency program 2014 awarded The Audio Foundation is pleased to announce Thomas Lambert... more
5 Dec 2013 Entertainment
Two true Kiwi legends – Dave Dobbyn and Don McGlashan – have come together on stage for the first time, and this weekend... more
4 Dec 2013 Property
Auckland house prices rose at the rate of $677 a day in November, based on the average price increase from October to... more
4 Dec 2013 Property
New Zealand Government Hon Dr Nick SmithMinister of Housing 3 December 2013 Bill to rein in housing development charges passes first... more
4 Dec 2013 Migration
The typical Kiwi on Census day 2013 was aged 38, earned $28,500 a year, worked in a service job and owned his or her own... more
4 Dec 2013 Travel & Tourism
Afghanistan, North Korea and Somalia are seen as the world's most corrupt countries while Denmark and New Zealand are nearly ... more
6 Dec 2013 Rugby
The International Rugby Board and the global Rugby family have been paying tribute to Nelson Mandela, who passed away today.The... more
6 Dec 2013 Motor Sport
NZV8 Ute Racing Supercars and Highlands headline 2014 UDC V8 Ute Series A fifth year on the bill for the V8 Supercars and an opening... more
6 Dec 2013 Column
Column - Gordon Campbell Gordon Campbell on oil drilling permits, and Iris Dement by Gordon Campbell Yesterday, the ... more
5 Dec 2013 Column
It is hard to feel sorry for John Banks. Sorry, I’ll start that again. It would be easy to feel sorry for John Banks in his ... more
2 Dec 2013 People
Universal College Of Learning Media Release Monday 2 December 2013 UCOL salutes its Top Scholars UCOL Bachelor of Nursing... more
29 Nov 2013 Recruitment
Article - BusinessDesk Unemployment to hit 4% by 2021, says MBIE Nov. 29 (BusinessDesk) – Job growth and higher... more